DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bengal border to be sealed ahead of polls
The border with the neighbouring countries in West Bengal will be sealed three days ahead of the assembly polls.
Kolkata: The border with the neighbouring countries in West Bengal will be sealed three days ahead of the assembly polls to ensure free and fair elections in the state.
"Border guards have been asked to seal the entire stretch between the state and its neighbouring countries three days ahead of the six-phase poll in the districts concerned," Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh said in Kolkata on Tuesday.
"The state administration on Tuesday held a high-level meeting with senior officials of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) after similar such meetings with the BSF and the Coast Guard yesterday to intensify vigil along the borders with Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan," Ghosh said.
The Election Commission held a high-level meeting last week in New Delhi with the state officials on strengthening vigil along inter-state borders and seal it a couple of days before polling to prevent entry of illegal arms and unaccounted money.
"We have to ensure better law and order in the state with continuous surveillance and faster execution of non-bailable warrants, besides seizure of illegal arms," Ghosh said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande