DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Uproar in Parliament, SP MPs demand Beni Prasad's resignation
Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma had accused SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav of supporting terrorism.
New Delhi: There was more hungama in Parliament as Samajwadi Party MPs thronged the well of the House demanding the resignation of Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma for his alleged disparaging remarks against party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav. Beni Prasad Verma himself denied making any such statement where he said that Mulayam had received commission to back the UPA.
On Monday, Verma had accused Mulayam of supporting terrorism. The SP, which is an ally of the UPA, has now stepped up the demand for his expulsion from the Cabinet.
Speaking in Parliament on Monday, Beni Prasad had said that after Godhra riots, the SP fought the Gujarat polls along with BJP and helped Modi come to power.
"After the Godhra riots, the Samajwadi Party fought the election in Gujarat and helped Modi win. Terror has no religion but I can say confidently that Mulayam Singh supported terrorism," Beni Prasad said.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi