Beni Prasad Verma is another Digvijaya Singh: BJP
The BJP took a dig at the Union Steel Minister and asked him to concentrate on his ministry instead of creating gaffes.
New Delhi: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma's comments on the charges against his Cabinet colleague Salman Khurshid on Monday saw the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) taking potshots at him and asking him to concentrate on his ministry's functioning instead of creating such gaffes. "Beni Prasad Verma is another Digvijay Singh. He is not focusing on his ministry and is giving such statements," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question. Hussain said Verma should focus on his work and not make such comments.
Asked about the charges against Khurshid, Verma had said "I don't think a person like Khurshid will do anything for an amount like Rs 71 lakh. It is a very small amount for a central Minister. If it would have been Rs 71 crore, even I would have been serious."
The main Opposition further demanded an independent probe against Khurshid to bring out the truth. "An independent probe should be held into the allegations and all those responsible should be punished," Hussain said.
"The government should answer the questions that are being asked. Adopting a negative attitude and launching an attack against the television channel which did the sting operation is wrong. We condemn this attitude of the Law Minister and the government," he added.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- Kareena Kapoor Rings In Her 36th Birthday With Ranbir, Karisma, Saif Ali Khan
- Will Eat Lots of Food And Just Relax: Kareena Kapoor Opens Up About Her Birthday Plans