Beni Prasad Verma may quit Congress to join BSP: Sources
Sources say Beni is in touch with BSP leader Satish Chandra Mishra, but he is yet to meet the party chief Mayawati.
New Delhi: Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma skipped the Congress parliamentary party meeting amid speculations that he may be leave the Congress and join the BSP. Sources say Beni is in touch with BSP leader Satish Chandra Mishra, but he is yet to meet the party chief Mayawati.
The Steel Minister had stunned Parliament on Monday by calling Mulayam Singh a dacoit with terror links. Soon after the Union Minister's remarks, the SP supremo had demanded that Beni should be suspended and expelled from Parliament and Cabinet.
Beni had said, while addressing Parliament on Monday, that after Godhra riots, the SP fought the Gujarat polls along with BJP and helped Modi come to power.
"Terror has no religion but I can say confidently that Mulayam Singh supported terrorism," Beni Prasad added. Following Beni Prasad's statements, there was an uproar in the House with SP MPs demanding an apology from Beni Prasad for his statement. He had made similar allegations at a public meeting in his constituency Gonda on Saturday as well," Beni had said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It