Mohan Bhagwat to visit Delhi, to meet LK Advani tomorrow
Senior BJP leader Advani continues to question Narendra Modi elevation as poll panel chief.
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat, who will be in the national capital on Monday evening, is expected to meet senior BJP leader LK Advani on Tuesday. The meeting is likely to take place even as Advani continues to voice his grievance over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's elevation as poll panel chief.
RSS chief had played peacemaker earlier and averted the Bharatiya Janata Party's crisis by convincing LK Advani to come back into the party fold. Advani withdrew his resignation and had returned to all party posts.
On Sunday, Janata Dal United had broken its 17-year-old alliance with BJP over Modi's elevation. In Bihar, JD(U)-BJP ruled state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had sacked 11 BJP ministers and will seek confidence vote on June 19.
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Challenges Posed By Akhilesh
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Yadav Addresses Party Workers At SP Office Amid Cheers
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps