China can get hostile any time, says RSS chief
Bhagwat says China's peace gestures are a camouflage to gain time.
Shimla: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Sunday the peace gestures from China were a camouflage to gain time and it could "turn hostile" any time.
"China can turn hostile at any convenient time... we should not be complacent and always remain in the state of preparedness to meet any eventuality," he said, addressing a congregation in Shimla.
"Construction of aerodrome and installation of missiles targeting nine Indian cities, claiming Arunachal Pradesh as its territory, construction of dam on the Brahmaputra (river) to control water and its attempts to bring our neighbours under its fold were disturbing developments," Bhagwat said.
On other neighbours of the country, the RSS chief said: "Pakistan is aiding and abetting terrorism in India, Bangladesh had become safe haven for the militants, we have lost Nepal and the Maldives, Burma and Sri Lanka are now under the influence of China."
"The US wants to set up its bases and for this it is trying to please both India and Pakistan."
Bhagwat was in Shimla to review the functioning of various state wings of the right wing organisation.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility