Bhullar issue: Badal, Sukhbir to meet Manmohan Singh
Supreme Court lawyers HS Phoolka is prepared to file a petition in the court seeking mercy for Bhullar next week.
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday, in connection with the death row convict Devinderpal Singh Bhullar case. "Both Badals will meet the Prime Minister tomorrow to seek commutation of death sentence of Bullar to life imprisonment," H S Bains political advisor on national affairs to Badal told PTI in Chandigarh on Sunday night.
Earlier, Akal Takth, the top temporal seat of Sikhs, had directed SGPC, known to be mini parliament of Sikhs, to ensure measures to save Bhullar from gallows. Badal too had been maintaining that Bhuller's death penalty be reverted to life imprisonment. The veteran SAD leader is apprehending that hanging Bhullar could vitiate peaceful environment of Punjab.
Meanwhile, Supreme Court lawyers HS Phoolka is prepared to file a petition in the court seeking mercy for Bhullar next week.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune