Bansal resigns, will Ashwani follow the suit?
Pawan Kumar Bansal on Friday evening resigned as Railway Minister following allegations of corrupt practices by his close relatives and aides.
New Delhi: Pawan Kumar Bansal on Friday evening resigned as Railway Minister following allegations of corrupt practices by his close relatives and aides.
Sources say that Bansal resigned after Congress President Sonia Gandhi met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and asked him to force the Railway Minister to put in his papers.
The question now being raised is whether Ashwani will be sacked too.
The big questions
- Can the PM afford to defend Law Minister Ashwani Kumar any longer?
- Is making a distinction between Pawan Kumar Bansal, Ashwani Kumar a wise move?
- Has delay in acting against Bansal hit the UPA's image irretrievably?
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP