2G report denial by ex-CAG officer: The big questions
The revelations by the ex-CAG principal auditor just days after the 2G auction raises certain key questions.
New Delhi: The man who authored the CAG's report on 2G spectrum has now said that it is not his report, that it merely carried his signature. Speaking to CNN-IBN, ex-CAG audit officer RP Singh said that the audit was done without guidelines and was influenced by PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi. He further said that the loss figure mentioned in the report was presumptive and had been restored in the final report, despite having been deleted by him in the draft report.
The revelations by the ex-CAG officer at such a crucial time, just days after the 2G auction, raises certain key questions:
- Is RP Singh being set up by the Congress to target the CAG's credibility?
- Why is there such a wide difference between RP Singh & Vinod Rai's figures of the 2G loss?
- Did CAG officials really help MM Joshi prepare the 2G report?
- Why is RP Singh making these claims soon after 2G auction no show?
From Our Network
- Kashmir unrest: Mehbooba Mufti's new found grit would go a long way to usher peace in the Valley- FirstPost
- Jaya Prada in UP Film Council with cabinet rank, days after Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party - Pradesh18
- Lalu takes a jibe at BJP, says most leaders from the party are drunkards - Pradesh18