Bihar BJP MLC charged with murder, arrested
Ashok Kumar Agrawal is charged with the killing of an employee of a petrol pump owned by him.
Katihar (Bihar): BJP MLC Ashok Kumar Agrawal charged with the killing of an employee of a petrol pump owned by him at Mirchaibari in the town, has been arrested.
A police team took him to the police station from his residence on Sunday night and formally arrested him, official sources said.
He was produced on Monday in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate RN Tripathy who remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days.
An FIR had been lodged against Agarwal under section 302 of IPC by Neeraj a reporter of a Hindi daily and brother of the deceased, Dheeraj Mahato.
Agrawal has claimed that Dheeraj was killed on July 17 when the carbine of his bodyguard accidentally went off.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology