Bihar: Nitish disapproves slapping of Pawar
Nitish Kumar was reacting to a youth slapping Sharad Pawar at a public function in New Delhi on Thursday.
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday condemned the slapping of union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar by a youth in New Delhi.
"It is not right way to protest on any issue...We do not approve of such a violent act and condemn it. There is no place for violence in society and democracy", Kumar told reporters in Patna on his arrival from his seva yatra in Bihar's Sheikhpura district.
"We condemn such violent act. Such an act cannot rein in price rise... it might have been resorted to for cheap popularity", Kumar said.
He was reacting to a youth slapping Pawar at a public function in New Delhi earlier on Thursday.
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade
- MPs Would 'Debate and Scrutinise' the Process but not Vote on Plans: PM May on Brexit
- Pound Hit by 'Flash Crash' in Biggest Fall Since Brexit
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches