Bihar train mishap: Rajya Sabha MPs demand Rail Minister's statement
Congress leader Rajeev Shukla has said that Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge has been directed by the government to make a statement.
New Delhi: There was uproar in the Rajya Sabha over the train mishap in Bihar that has left at least 37 people dead as the Rajya Rani Express ran over them. The issue was raised in the House with the Opposition demanding a statement by the Railways Minister.
Congress leader Rajeev Shukla has said that Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge has been directed by the government to make a statement in the House. "Everybody in the House is sad about the train accident. I have asked the Rail Minister to give a statement in the House and do the needful," Shukla said.
Former Railways Minister Lalu Prasad has said that the accident was a result of neglect. "The death toll is likely to rise. It appears that the accident may have been a result of neglect. Such an incident never took place when I was the Rail Minister," he said.
Calling it a sad incident, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain said, "The train was moving very fast. This is a very sad incident and reports of many deaths are coming in. BJP extends its condolences to the families of the victims."
Over 37 people have died in the accident while over 40 have been injured in the train tragedy in which many people were run over by the Rajya Rani Express at the Dhamara railway station near Saharsa.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology