Bihar train mishap: Rajya Sabha MPs demand Rail Minister's statement
Congress leader Rajeev Shukla has said that Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge has been directed by the government to make a statement.
New Delhi: There was uproar in the Rajya Sabha over the train mishap in Bihar that has left at least 37 people dead as the Rajya Rani Express ran over them. The issue was raised in the House with the Opposition demanding a statement by the Railways Minister.
Congress leader Rajeev Shukla has said that Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge has been directed by the government to make a statement in the House. "Everybody in the House is sad about the train accident. I have asked the Rail Minister to give a statement in the House and do the needful," Shukla said.
Former Railways Minister Lalu Prasad has said that the accident was a result of neglect. "The death toll is likely to rise. It appears that the accident may have been a result of neglect. Such an incident never took place when I was the Rail Minister," he said.
Calling it a sad incident, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain said, "The train was moving very fast. This is a very sad incident and reports of many deaths are coming in. BJP extends its condolences to the families of the victims."
Over 37 people have died in the accident while over 40 have been injured in the train tragedy in which many people were run over by the Rajya Rani Express at the Dhamara railway station near Saharsa.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Who Stands With Whom in Samajwadi Party Pariwar
- How Shivpal's Removal From Cabinet by Akhilesh Shocked the Mulayam Camp