BJP adjournment motion on Assam violence rejected
LK Advani said he was not satisfied and said there should be voting on the motion.
New Delhi: An adjournment motion on the violence in Assam moved by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday was rejected by a voice vote.
Speaking at the conclusion of debate on the motion, BJP leader LK Advani said he was not satisfied with the reply of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, adding there should be voting on the motion.
Speaker Meira Kumar put the motion to voice vote and announced that it had been "negatived".
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner