BJP-AGP combine to win 14 seats: BJP leader
People of the state were disenchanted with the Congress.
Guwahati: The BJP on Tuesday claimed that the BJP-AGP combine in Assam would win at least eight of the 14 Parliamentary constituencies in the state.
People of the state were disenchanted with the Congress and would vote in favour of the BJP-AGP combine, BJP Vice-President Bijoya Chakraborty told reporters on Tuesday.
Chakraborty, who is the BJP candidate for Guwahati Parliamentary constituency, said, "The people of Assam have realised that Congress has failed on all fronts and that the BJP-Asom Gana Parishad combine is the best alternative."
"There is a distinct work culture in both the BJP and AGP where leaders rise from the grassroot level but in the Congress there is a dynastic culture which the public is not ready to accept any more," the former union minister said.
- To Me, Books Are More Important Than Films: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House