BJP appeals to Anna Hazare to end fast
BJP asked the government to incorporate necessary changes in the proposed Lokpal bill.
New Delhi: Appealing to social activist Anna Hazare to end his fast over the Lokpal Bill, the BJP on Tuesday asked the government to incorporate necessary changes in the proposed anti-corruption legislation so that it is more
effective, and "not make it a prestige issue".
"The Lokpal Bill should become an effective and credible instrument for fighting corruption among bureaucrats and those in power.... The entire country is today waiting for effective action against the cancer of corruption. The wish of the people should be respected," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The principal opposition demanded that the Centre convene an all-party meeting to discuss the 'Jan Lokpal Bill' issue.
The BJP asked Hazare, who began his fast-unto-death at Jantar Mantar on Tuesday demanding enactment of 'Jan Lokpal Bill' to give wider powers to Ombudsman, to call off his agitation. "Anna Hazare is a respected leader. We appeal to
him to end his fast," Prasad said.
"The Lokpal Bill has to be credible. Many good suggestions can be incorporated. Government should not make it a prestige issue," Prasad said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right