Will raise Gen Singh's bribe claims in Parliament: BJP
The BJP has given a notice for the suspension of the Question Hour to discuss Army Chief General VK Singh's claims.
New Delhi: The Opposition is set to corner the government in Parliament over Army Chief General VK Singh's claim that he was offered bribe. The Bharatiya Janata Party has given a notice for the suspension of the Question Hour.
BJP leader Prakash Javadekar said, "What General VK Singh has said is a serious matter. We will raise this matter in Parliament."
Slamming the government over corruption, Javadekar said, " This shows the worst state of affairs in this country. The government is neck-deep in corruption."
This came after General Singh, in an interview to national daily 'The Hindu' said, "he was offered a bribe worth Rs 14 crore by an equipment lobbyist in order to have a tranche of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular made cleared for purchase.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1