BJP blames Lalu and Cong for Lokpal fiasco
BJP was ready for debate on the issue even after midnight on December 29, party spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Patna: BJP on Saturday charged RJD chief Lalu Prasad with playing a "villainous" role at the behest of Congress to ensure that the Lokpal Bill was not passed in the Rajya Sabha.
"Laluji plays a villainous role in the script written by Congress to ensure that the Bill was not passed in the Rajya Sabha," BJP spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad told.
BJP was ready for debate on the issue even after midnight on December 29, but Congress under a well-hatched conspiracy forced an abrupt end of the debate, he said.
The BJP leader said that his party had decided to launch 'Save Democracy-Remove Congress' campaign across the country from January three for eight days. "We'll hold nation-wide sit-in during the period," he said.
A BJP delegation jointly led by LK Advani and party president Nitin Gadkari would organise a march to Rashtrapati Bhavan on January 3 to hand over a memorandum to the President, he said.
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
- Samajwadi Party Live: Mulayam Singh 'Ready In Principle' to Ally With Congress-RLD, Hints Shivpal Yadav
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Mulayam Singh Yadav Has Cemented Akhilesh's Future By Playing it Out in Public
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh