BJP blames Lalu and Cong for Lokpal fiasco
BJP was ready for debate on the issue even after midnight on December 29, party spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Patna: BJP on Saturday charged RJD chief Lalu Prasad with playing a "villainous" role at the behest of Congress to ensure that the Lokpal Bill was not passed in the Rajya Sabha.
"Laluji plays a villainous role in the script written by Congress to ensure that the Bill was not passed in the Rajya Sabha," BJP spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad told.
BJP was ready for debate on the issue even after midnight on December 29, but Congress under a well-hatched conspiracy forced an abrupt end of the debate, he said.
The BJP leader said that his party had decided to launch 'Save Democracy-Remove Congress' campaign across the country from January three for eight days. "We'll hold nation-wide sit-in during the period," he said.
A BJP delegation jointly led by LK Advani and party president Nitin Gadkari would organise a march to Rashtrapati Bhavan on January 3 to hand over a memorandum to the President, he said.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India