BJP charges party workers Rs 5 to attend Narendra Modi meet in Bhopal
The major highlight of the mass meeting would be BJP patriarch LK Advani sharing the dais with Modi.
Bhopal: The Bharatiya Janata Party has charged its party workers Rs 5 per head for attending a mass meeting to be held in Bhopal on September 25, which will be addressed by its prime ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The major highlight of the mass meeting would be BJP patriarch LK Advani sharing the dais with Modi, for the first time after the latter's official anointment as the BJP's prime ministerial candidate.
The event called the 'Karyakarta Mahakumbh' will be organised to commemorate the erstwhile Jan Sangh's senior leader Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya's birth anniversary, ahead of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls.
"We have charged Rs 5 per member for issuing entry passes. Nearly seven lakh BJP workers are expected to attend," Madhya Pradesh BJP's Chief Election Campaign In-charge Anil Madhav Dave said on Wednesday.
However, he clarified that no entry fee would be levied from ordinary citizens who might attend to listen to Modi's address.
Dave also said 20 booth level BJP workers each, from the 53,000 polling booths in MP have already collected their entry passes to attend the function.
"People are confusing it with the Hyderabad programme where Rs 5 tickets were sold to the public during Modi's meet, but here it is purely for booth-level BJP workers," he said.
However, taking a dig at the BJP for collecting a Rs 5 fee to attend Modi's meet, MP State Congress Vice President Rameshwar Neekhra criticised Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for fixing the value of its prime ministerial candidate at merely Rs 5.
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry