DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
BJP core group meets amidst crisis over Gadkari
Nitin Gadkari has been battling corruption allegations and facing demands by a few members within the party to quit.
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is holding a core group meet on Tuesday evening amidst the crisis over party president Nitin Gadkari. The meet will be attended by senior party leaders LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Nitin Gadkari, Ananth Kumar, Rajnath Singh, Ram Lal, Venkaiah Naidu, Dharmendra Pradhan, Ravi Shankar Prasad, JP Nadda, V Satish, Vinay Sahastrabuddhe and Vijay Goel.
The meeting comes a few hours after the party, backed by the RSS, came out strongly in support of party president Gadkari, who has been battling corruption allegations and facing demands by a few members within the party to quit.
Senior party member Ram Jethmalani has been vociferous in his demand that Gadkari should resign. However, the RSS on Tuesday stood firm behind Gadkari ensuring that he completed his present term as the BJP chief.
Meanwhile, in what could be fresh trouble for the BJP in the south, ex-Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa was reported to have announced a meet with his supporters within the party.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong