DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
BJP demands Acharya's resignation on moral grounds
The then excise minister AU Singhdeo resigned from the ministry after the hooch tragedy in Khurda and Cuttack district, Acharya refused to quit the post.
Bhubaneswar: Opposition BJP in Odisha on Friday demanded resignation of state finance minister Prasanna Acharya in the wake of a Commission finding fault with the drugs administration for spurious liquor tragedy of February 2012 that claimed 41 lives. "Acharya, who was then the state's health minister should resign from the ministry on moral grounds," BJP state president KV Singhdeo demanded at a media conference Bhubaneswar.
Though the then excise minister AU Singhdeo resigned from the ministry after the hooch tragedy in Khurda and Cuttack district, Acharya refused to quit the post. "As Acharya had then told to wait for the report of the inquiry commission, now he should step down," the BJP president said.
The Commission of Inquiry headed by Justice AS Naidu has found fault with the system of the state drugs administration and blamed the tragedy on lack of coordination between police,excise and drugs administration.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?