BJP demands Vilasrao Deshmukh's resignation
The BJP alleged that Deshmukh allotted the Whistling Woods land to film director Subhash Ghai to get work for his son, Riteish.
Mumbai: Coming down hard at former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, BJP's State President Sudhir Mungantiwar in a press conference on Saturday claimed that Deshmukh had helped filmmaker Subhash Ghai acquire large tracts of land to build his film institute Whistling Woods International, so that his actor son Riteish Deshmukh could benefit from the favour.
The High Court on Thursday directed Ghai to return the 20-acre land allotted to him.
Stating that Deshmukh should resign from the Union cabinet, Mungantiwar said, "To get work for his son, Vilasrao gave the land to Ghai. He has misused his position even earlier when he took Ram Gopal Varma to the Taj (Mahal Palace & Tower Hotel) after the 26/11 terror attack."
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen