BJP demands Vilasrao Deshmukh's resignation
The BJP alleged that Deshmukh allotted the Whistling Woods land to film director Subhash Ghai to get work for his son, Riteish.
Mumbai: Coming down hard at former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, BJP's State President Sudhir Mungantiwar in a press conference on Saturday claimed that Deshmukh had helped filmmaker Subhash Ghai acquire large tracts of land to build his film institute Whistling Woods International, so that his actor son Riteish Deshmukh could benefit from the favour.
The High Court on Thursday directed Ghai to return the 20-acre land allotted to him.
Stating that Deshmukh should resign from the Union cabinet, Mungantiwar said, "To get work for his son, Vilasrao gave the land to Ghai. He has misused his position even earlier when he took Ram Gopal Varma to the Taj (Mahal Palace & Tower Hotel) after the 26/11 terror attack."
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Vintage Federer Floors Berdych in 90 Minutes
- Explore Delhi In A Day With Just Rs 500 In Your Pocket
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Sasikala No Replacement, Won't Last Long, Says Jayalalithaa's Biographer
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Deals on OnePlus 3T, Moto G4 Plus, Lenovo Z2 Plus And More