BJP demands Vilasrao Deshmukh's resignation
The BJP alleged that Deshmukh allotted the Whistling Woods land to film director Subhash Ghai to get work for his son, Riteish.
Mumbai: Coming down hard at former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, BJP's State President Sudhir Mungantiwar in a press conference on Saturday claimed that Deshmukh had helped filmmaker Subhash Ghai acquire large tracts of land to build his film institute Whistling Woods International, so that his actor son Riteish Deshmukh could benefit from the favour.
The High Court on Thursday directed Ghai to return the 20-acre land allotted to him.
Stating that Deshmukh should resign from the Union cabinet, Mungantiwar said, "To get work for his son, Vilasrao gave the land to Ghai. He has misused his position even earlier when he took Ram Gopal Varma to the Taj (Mahal Palace & Tower Hotel) after the 26/11 terror attack."
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent