BJP dumps Sena, occupy Mayor, Dy Mayor posts in Nagpur
The BJP for the first time did not offer the post of Deputy Mayor to the Shiv Sena.
Nagpur: Ruling BJP, which had struck pre-poll alliance with its traditional partner Shiv Sena, on Monday dumped the latter during the mayoral elections. The BJP for the first time did not offer the post of Deputy Mayor to the Shiv Sena.
The BJP's city unit president Anil Sole became the new Mayor of Nagpur Municipal Corporation while party nominee Sandeep Jadhav was elected Deputy Mayor.
Sole polled 86 votes and defeated BSP candidate Kishore Gajbhiye who got 52 votes. Congress nominee Sujata Kombade withdrew her candidature. NCP (six members) remained neutral.
For Deputy Mayor's post, BJPs Jadhav secured 86 votes while BSP's Shambnam Parveen mustered 58 votes, including six from NCP.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team