BJP gears up for second phase of Assam polls
Prasad said BJP would focus on corruption and infiltration as the major two election planks in the second phase.
Guwahati: The BJP media cell on Wednesday held a meeting in Guwahati to discuss its strategies and ways to coordinate with journalists for wide coverage of the party's policies during the second phase of Assam poll on April 11.
Party's national spokesperson and MP Ravi Shankar Prasad presided over the meeting while the national convenor of the media cell Sridat Sarma was present along with members of the media cell of the state unit.
Prasad said the party would focus on corruption and infiltration as the major two election planks in the second phase.
While corruption was also a major plank in the first phase, infiltration has been included as it is a major problem in lower Assam having a porous border with Bangladesh.
Exuding confidence that the BJP will emerge as a major force in this election, Prasad said the overwhelming response to the election rallies of the party showed its popularity.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology