BJP has Advani to guide it, says Rajnath Singh
Rajnath Singh also backed former BJP president Nitin Gadkari and said that the charges against him were totally false and fabricated.
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said the party was looking up to LK Advani to guide it through the challenges being faced by the country.
Singh also backed former BJP president Nitin Gadkari and said that the charges against him were totally false and fabricated.
"If there is somebody who can guide us, it is Advani. When the country is passing through a difficult phase we don't need to worry," Singh said, addressing party workers at the three-day party executive meet being held here.
"This government is a failure on all fronts whether diplomatic or financial. But with Advani's guidance, if anybody can overcome these problems it will be the BJP," he said.
Singh said Gadkari took a decision not to take up the post again despite senior leaders trying to dissuade him.
"So I took up the post. I know the accusations (against Gadkari) are totally baseless. I had assured him not to worry and that the entire country is with him. The party was strengthened by him," Singh said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right