BJP will boycott 2G meet: Yashwant to JPC chief
BJP wants Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram to be called for deposition as witnesses.
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yashwant Sinha has written to the chief of the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC), PC Chacko, saying that the BJP will boycott the meeting on the 2G spectrum scam. BJP wants Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram to be called for deposition as witnesses.
Expressing similar sentiments, another BJP member said there is no relevance in attending the meeting where former Additional Secretary of the Department of Economic Affairs Sindhushree Khullar will appear. BJP members had stormed out of the meetings of JPC on August 22 and September 18, charging panel chief PC Chacko with being biased and accusing Congress members of using foul language.
The six BJP members in JPC had asked Chacko to take a final decision on calling Singh and Chidambaram before the Committee. But Chacko has maintained that he would not take a decision on the issue using his discretionary powers and would leave it to the wisdom of committee members. Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) too had demanded that Chidambaram be called before JPC after RBI Governor D Subbarao deposed before it.
Chacko had postponed the October 3 meeting of the JPC after Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar decided to talk to BJP members to end the stalemate.
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton Trade Caustic Barbs As Roast Turns Bitter
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Stalin Gears Up to Step into Karunanidhi's Shoes