BJP legislators demand President's rule in J&K
BJP legislators staged protests outside Jammu Assembly demanding the imposition of President's rule in the state.
Jammu: BJP legislators on Saturday staged a protest outside the legislature complex demanding the dismissal of the Omar Abdullah government and imposition of President's rule in the state.
Four party MLAs including state party chief Jugal Kishore Sharma, who was barred from taking part in the remaining proceedings of the ongoing J&K Assembly session for unruly conduct, sat on dharna outside the legislature complex.
Seeking President's rule in the state, BJP Legislative Party leader Ashok Khajuria alleged that the NC-Congress government's policies were putting at risk the security of the state.
The party also protested over Sharma's suspension from the J&K Assembly after he got engaged in a heated exchange of words with state minister Sakina Itoo on March 19.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back