'BJP manipulating social media to promote Modi'
Digvijaya Singh has alleged that the BJP is projecting that Narendra Modi has an edge over Rahul Gandhi as future PM.
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Sunday alleged that the BJP is maintaining "fictitious" accounts on social media and manipulating online surveys to project that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has an edge over Rahul Gandhi as future prime minister.
"You know that there are a lot of fictitious accounts on social networking sites and the BJP is managing voting on such sites to show results in its favour," Singh told reporters on a query about Modi being ahead of Gandhi in opinion polls on future prime minister.
Acknowledging that social media is "emerging as a powerful medium", Singh asked his party workers in a lighter vein to open accounts on social networking sites and follow him on Twitter to read his tweets.
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record