BJP Morena candidate accused in code of conduct case
N S Tomar used railway property for electioneering, says Congress.
Morena: Congress has filed a complaint with the Election Commission against BJP candidate from Morena Lok Sabha seat Narendra Singh Tomar accusing him of violating the model code of conduct by holding public meetings at railway stations.
In his complaint, Congress candidate and MLA Ramniwas Rawat alleged that Tomar and BJP party national secretary Prabhat Jha addressed a number of meetings at various railway stations while travelling from Gwalior to Sheopur on Sunday and used railway property for electioneering.
The district administration and railway authorities have recorded the entire journey.
Rawat today claimed that the two BJP leaders had violated the model code of conduct as they had addressed meetings at railway stations.
Besides, the BJP workers were traveling on the rooftop of the train and had entered the station premises without any platform tickets, which is a punishable offense under the Railways Act, he told reporters.
Alleging pressure from ruling party on the issue, Rawat said that he has sent the entire recording of the rail journey along with his complaint to the Election Commission, Madhya Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer and Morena Collector, but no action has been taken so far.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18