BJP Morena candidate accused in code of conduct case
N S Tomar used railway property for electioneering, says Congress.
Morena: Congress has filed a complaint with the Election Commission against BJP candidate from Morena Lok Sabha seat Narendra Singh Tomar accusing him of violating the model code of conduct by holding public meetings at railway stations.
In his complaint, Congress candidate and MLA Ramniwas Rawat alleged that Tomar and BJP party national secretary Prabhat Jha addressed a number of meetings at various railway stations while travelling from Gwalior to Sheopur on Sunday and used railway property for electioneering.
The district administration and railway authorities have recorded the entire journey.
Rawat today claimed that the two BJP leaders had violated the model code of conduct as they had addressed meetings at railway stations.
Besides, the BJP workers were traveling on the rooftop of the train and had entered the station premises without any platform tickets, which is a punishable offense under the Railways Act, he told reporters.
Alleging pressure from ruling party on the issue, Rawat said that he has sent the entire recording of the rail journey along with his complaint to the Election Commission, Madhya Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer and Morena Collector, but no action has been taken so far.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory