Modi a role model for development, says Advani
Nitin Gadkari, who is known to share a frosty relationship with Modi, also lauded the development work done by him in Gujarat.
Mansa: A day after Bharatiya Janata Party leader Sushma Swaraj openly endorsed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a potential prime ministerial candidate of the party for 2014, there's more support flowing in for him. Senior BJP leader LK Advani hailed the Gujarat Chief Minister as a "role model" of development while appealing to states to imitate him.
"The people of this state are blessed to have an able leader like Narendra Modi. I have no hesitation in saying that Modi is a role model for administrators across the country," Advani said.
BJP President Nitin Gadkari, who is known to share a frosty relationship with the Gujarat Chief Minister, also lauded the development work done by him. Sushma Swaraj, during a rally in Gujarat on Sunday, that goes to polls on December 13, said that he was fit to be the Prime Minister.
Addressing a rally in Vadodara, Sushma said, "There are no two views on Modi being a competent candidate for PM's post. He has done great work in Gujarat."
Modi, however, has repeatedly tried to downplay his Prime Ministerial ambitions insisting that Gujarat remains his focus and any planned move to Delhi after the December Gujarat elections is only media speculation. "Six crore Gujaratis have given me a responsibility and I will put in all my efforts for Gujarat," Modi had told IBN18 Editor-in-chief Rajdeep Sardesai in a recent interview.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats For Women Rights, Slams Triple Talaq
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff