DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
BJP plans to parade party MLAs before Prez
BJP has a strength of 121 members in the 224-member House.
Bangalore: Stung by an abrupt recommendation by Governor H R Bhardwaj to bring Karnataka under President's rule, the ruling BJP on Sunday said it will demonstrate the government's majority in Rashtrapati Bhavan on Monday.
BJP, after holding its Legislature Party meeting, has plans to take all its legislators to Delhi to parade them before President Pratibha Patil to prove that it's government enjoyed absolute majority and protest against the Governor's action, party members said.
BJP has a strength of 121 members in the 224-member House with the return of 11 party rebels following the Supreme Court setting aside their disqualification.
Speaker K G Bopaiah had disqualified 16 MLAs - eleven from BJP and five independents - acting upon a complaint by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on October 10 last after they withdrew support to the government.
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs