BJP promises full statehood for Delhi if it comes to power
Goel said that the BJP-led NDA government at the centre had brought a bill in Parliament in 2003 to grant Delhi full statehood, but Dikshit opposed it.
Panaji: BJP on Sunday supported full statehood for Delhi in the political resolution accepted by the party at its two-day national executive meetig in Goa. Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel rued that the statehood demand has not been met till now.
Accusing the Sheila Dikshit government of failing to make adequate efforts in this direction, he said, "Delhi's growth is restricted in absence of full statehood and Congress has done nothing during the last 14 years on this issue". "The Congress government led by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit did not make any effort to get full statehood for Delhi," he said.
Goel said that the BJP-led NDA government at the centre had brought a bill in Parliament in 2003 to grant Delhi full statehood, "but Dikshit opposed it". He said that after coming to power, the party will ensure full statehood for Delhi. "Full statehood to Delhi would bring greater accountability, more resources and less confusion over administrative issues. Unfortunately, the Congress government in Delhi has deliberately ignored this basic need of the city," Goel said.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting