BJP promises full statehood for Delhi if it comes to power
Goel said that the BJP-led NDA government at the centre had brought a bill in Parliament in 2003 to grant Delhi full statehood, but Dikshit opposed it.
Panaji: BJP on Sunday supported full statehood for Delhi in the political resolution accepted by the party at its two-day national executive meetig in Goa. Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel rued that the statehood demand has not been met till now.
Accusing the Sheila Dikshit government of failing to make adequate efforts in this direction, he said, "Delhi's growth is restricted in absence of full statehood and Congress has done nothing during the last 14 years on this issue". "The Congress government led by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit did not make any effort to get full statehood for Delhi," he said.
Goel said that the BJP-led NDA government at the centre had brought a bill in Parliament in 2003 to grant Delhi full statehood, "but Dikshit opposed it". He said that after coming to power, the party will ensure full statehood for Delhi. "Full statehood to Delhi would bring greater accountability, more resources and less confusion over administrative issues. Unfortunately, the Congress government in Delhi has deliberately ignored this basic need of the city," Goel said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right