BJP revokes suspension of its four Bellary MLAs
The party had suspended the four legislators on November 25 on charges of indulging in anti-party activities.
Bangalore: With an eye on the December 22 bypoll to the lone Legislative Council seat, ruling BJP in Karnataka on Wednesday revoked suspension of its four rebel Bellary legislators including G Somasekhara Reddy, brother of jailed former minister G Janardhana Reddy.
The party revoked suspension of Somasekhara Reddy, HT Suresh Babu, B Nagendra (all MLAs) and MLC Mruthyunjaya Jinaga, state unit BJP President KS Eswarappa told.
The party had suspended the four legislators on November 25 on charges of indulging in anti-party activities after they openly supported rebel leader B Sreeramulu in the Bellary Rural Constituency bypoll held last month.
Sreeramulu successfully contested the by-election and threatened to defeat Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda in the Council bypoll, claiming that he had the support of 22 MLAs, which he retracted later.
Eswarappa said all the four suspended legislators have replied to the show cause notice issued by the party and declared that they continue to be BJP members. They have also sought the revocation of their suspension, he said.
In the light of this development, the central leadership will take a decision on revoking the suspension of MPs, J Shanta, sister of Sreeramulu and Sanna Fakirappa, who represent Bellary and Raichur Lok Sabha seats, respectively.
The BJP High Command had suspended both the MPs for supporting Sreeramulu in the bypoll.
Eswarappa admitted that the coming council bypoll was also the reason for the decision to withdraw the suspension of its three MLAs.
The BJP has 121 members support including the Speaker in the 224-member House, with Congress and JDS enjoying a strength of 71 and 26 respectively.
Congress has fielded Anand Gaddadevaramath in the bypoll hoping to cash in on the rebellion within the ruling party.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K