BJP slams UPA for not acting against terror
Five CRPF troopers and two terrorists were killed when militants attacked a paramilitary camp in the first terror attack in the Kashmir Valley in three years.
New Delhi: As five CRPF personnel were killed in a terror attack in Kashmir, the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday slammed the government for not acting against Pakistan on terror.
"We have asked the government again and again but they are not taking any steps. At the time of the Mumbai attacks, we told the government that India should snap all ties with Pakistan. We also asked the government to stop the confidence building measures till Pakistan assures us that no more terrorist activities would take place from their soil," BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters at the parliament complex in New Delhi.
"No such action has been taken," he said.
Five CRPF troopers and two terrorists were killed on Wednesday when militants attacked a paramilitary camp in the first terror attack in the Kashmir Valley in three years. Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said inquires were on over who was behind the attack.
"It was a police playground in Srinagar. Some children were playing cricket there and the terrorists merged with them," the Home Minister said.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology