DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
BJP women workers force Tharoor to leave function
Tharoor had been invited for the programme but when he reached the stadium , members of BJP's women's wing forced him to leave the place.
New Delhi: A group of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) women's wing workers disrupted a function of Delhi Chief Ministrer Sheila Dikshit at Delhi's Talkatora Stadium on Friday and did not allow Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor to enter the programme venue.
The BJP workers showed black flags and blocked Tharoor's car when the minister was going to a function organised in Talkatora Stadium on the occasion of Women's Day.
Tharoor had been invited for the programme but when he reached the stadium , members of BJP's women's wing forced him to leave the place. The function was attended by Dikshit and several other Congress leaders.
Even as the programme was going on inside the stadium, the BJP workers kept on protesting outside shouting slogans against the Sheila Dikshit government and claimed that Delhi was not a safe city for women and girls. They demanded that the Chief Minister should come out and listen to their demands.
Following the protests, the gates of the stadium were locked even as the programme continued.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa