BJP women workers force Tharoor to leave function
Tharoor had been invited for the programme but when he reached the stadium , members of BJP's women's wing forced him to leave the place.
New Delhi: A group of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) women's wing workers disrupted a function of Delhi Chief Ministrer Sheila Dikshit at Delhi's Talkatora Stadium on Friday and did not allow Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor to enter the programme venue.
The BJP workers showed black flags and blocked Tharoor's car when the minister was going to a function organised in Talkatora Stadium on the occasion of Women's Day.
Tharoor had been invited for the programme but when he reached the stadium , members of BJP's women's wing forced him to leave the place. The function was attended by Dikshit and several other Congress leaders.
Even as the programme was going on inside the stadium, the BJP workers kept on protesting outside shouting slogans against the Sheila Dikshit government and claimed that Delhi was not a safe city for women and girls. They demanded that the Chief Minister should come out and listen to their demands.
Following the protests, the gates of the stadium were locked even as the programme continued.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right