BJP young turks rise in revolt against Modi
The dissidents were working in the shadows till now.
Ahmedabad: Dissidence in the state unit of the BJP is showing a new pattern with the younger lot among the group coming out in the open to attack Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his policies.
The dissidents, who were till now working in the shadows of leaders like former chief minister Keshubhai Patel, former Union textile minister Kashiram Rana and former chief minister Suresh Mehta, have gone a step ahead and are openly revolting against Modi.
This is happening when the likes of Patel and Rana have refrained from crossing the line of "indiscipline". But the "young turks" have gone all out to fight Modi.
Surat MLA Dhiru Gajera, who has been airing his grievances against Modi in every forum, and some others feel that if they do not voice their views before the Assembly election scheduled later this year, then their political career will suffer.
"We have decided to fight a do or die battle this time. That is the reason why many of us have made public statements against the chief minister without fear of disciplinary action," Gajera said over phone from Surat.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India