BJP's foundation day to be celebrated in Gujarat
A grand welcome is organised for party president Rajnath Singh, who will be visiting Gujarat for the first time since he took over.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has organised grand celebrations of party's 33rd Foundation day, which will be attended by newly-elected President Rajnath Singh in Ahmedabad on Saturday. The Foundation Day celebration will be held at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad, where large number of party workers will come from all over the state, Gujarat BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
"As the party president is coming for the first time after his taking over the post, he will be given a rousing welcome at the airport, in which Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi and state unit party president RC Faldu will be present," Bhavsar said. At the main function, party workers will take oath of routing the Congress and establish BJP government at the Centre, he added. Among the national leaders of BJP, only Rajnath Singh has been invited by the state BJP to be part of the grand function where he is likely to be felicitated.
The felicitation of Singh comes after Modi was inducted by him in the most powerful body of the party, the parliamentary board and also in the election committee, signalling his national elevation. Virtually acknowledging his Prime Ministerial ambition, Modi had on Thursday said it is the duty of every child to repay the debt he owes to "Mother India".
"Not only Modi, every child and citizen owes a debt to Mother India...it is his duty to repay the debt whenever an opportunity arises...Everybody has to repay this debt," Modi said. "I hope Mother India gives her blessings and nobody goes away without paying this debt," he said, in a clear indication that he is ready for a major role in the national politics for the 2014 General Elections.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders