Bangalore blast: Police question 8 suspects
Since the footage is grainy, it is being digitally enhanced to help the ongoing investigation.
Bangalore: Two days after the Bangalore blast the police have still no leads. However, the NIA is questioning eight suspects after CCTV footage showed two men parking the bike outside the BJP office.
Sources said that eight suspects are being questioned in connection with the blast that injured 16 people including 11 policemen outside BJP's office in Malleshwaram. This includes four in Tamil Nadu, three in Bangalore and one in Kerala. They are being questioned by the Bangalore Police and the NIA.
Police are also hoping for crucial leads from the CCTV footage at the location. Since the footage is grainy, it is being digitally enhanced to help the ongoing investigation.
Reports said that some sharp nails have also been found at the blast site indicating the bomb may have been packed with shrapnel to maximise damage. No other leads have been forthcoming in the case yet. The police is reportedly trying to prepare sketches of the culprits based on eyewitness reports.
After the explosion outside the Bharatiya Janata Party's office in Bangalore, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had issued a countrywide alert, asking all states to be extra vigilant. Meanwhile, the Karnataka government registered a case under Explosive Substance Act, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, and various IPC provisions (attempt to murder). It also submitted its preliminary report on the bomb blast to the MHA.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines