DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Border with Bangladesh to be sealed in Malda
The 173-km long international border with Bangladesh will be sealed as Malda will go to polls on April 18.
Malda: The 173-km long international border with Bangladesh will be sealed as Malda will go to polls along with the rest of north Bengal during the first phase of assembly elections in West Bengal on April 18.
Official sources said on Tuesday the stretch will be sealed from April 16, two days prior to the polls to prevent miscreants from causing trouble.
A total of 112 companies of central paramilitary forces would fan across the district to man 260 booths, 150 of which has been marked as 'sensitive', the sources said.
District Magistrate Rajesh Kumar Sinha said 50 booths would be put under webcasting - i.e. round-the-clock online surveillance.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%