'Boundless joy', Says Jayalalithaa from Hospital Bed as AIADMK Sweeps TN Bypolls
File photo of J Jayalalithaa
Chennai: AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday thanked the voters for electing her party candidates in three assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu and asserted that it was a victory for her regime's "achievements, welfare measures and visionary schemes."
Expressing her "heartfelt thanks" to voters for "giving me consecutive electoral victories," she said the poll win "proved yet again that people are on my side" in a veiled attack on arch-rival DMK.
She said people voted for AIADMK candidates by a huge margin after considering her regime's "achievements, welfare measures and visionary schemes."
In a party release here, she said,"I would like to happily inform you that my work will continue according to your expectations."
She said,"the electoral victory has given me, boundless joy and enthusiasm," adding she was now recuperating.
Stating that she would never forget people's "great love," for her, she thanked them for it.
She said she was aware that people, and her party workers were offering prayers continuously for her recovery and scores of them were also visiting the hospital to enquire about her health.
Also, she thanked her party functionaries, cadres and leaders of alliance parties for their election work in the three constituencies.
Recommended For You
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- HITCHED!Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech Goa Wedding