Former NSA Brajesh Mishra passes away in Delhi
Brijesh Mishra, who had been ailing after surgery, was considered to be among the most powerful men during the NDA regime.
New Delhi: Former national security advisor and key aide to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee Brajesh Mishra passed away at Fortis Hospital in New Delhi on Friday night.
Mishra, who had been ailing after surgery, was rushed to the hospital in the evening.
During the NDA regime, he was considered to be among the most powerful men in the Prime Ministers Office. He was the man who would manage all diplomatic parleys with Pakistan and America.
Towards his latter years with the NDA government, Mishra had started to disagree with several moves of the BJP. He was the only one who had openly disagreed with the BJP's opposition to the nuclear deal in 2008.
Mishra is considered to be a key architect of the nuclear policy during the Vajpayee years.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines