BS Yeddyurappa is my Leader, Says Eshwarappa After Public Spat
Eshwarappa, however, added that the activities of Rayanna Brigade, an "apolitical forum" of dalits and backward classes floated by him would continue.
BJP leader KS Eshwarappa (Left) And Karnataka BJP chief BS Yeddyurappa.
Bengaluru: After leading a factional feud within the Karnataka unit of BJP, senior party leader K S Eshwarappa on Monday said Yeddyurappa was his leader and the 2018 assembly elections would be fought under him.
Both leaders have been openly criticising each other in recent weeks, following questions raised about Yeddyurappa's "unilateral style" of functioning.
He said "There is no conflict within BJP, our national leaders have said that next chief minister is Yeddyurappa, he is already the state president, the elections will be under his leadership."
Eshwarappa, however, added that the activities of Rayanna Brigade, an "apolitical forum" of Dalits and backward classes floated by him would continue.
"There is no confusion, Sangolli Rayanna Brigade is for providing justice for dalits and backward classes, it will continue," he said.
The brigade was formulated by Eshwarappa in an apparent show of strength in his battle against Yeddyurappa, a former chief minister.
Claiming that the BJP is united as it prepares itself for the 2018 assembly polls, Yeddyurappa also had recently said there were no differences of opinion between him and Eshwarappa.
In an attempt to quell the factional feud, the party high command had relieved two office bearers each from both the Yeddyurappa and Eshwarappa factions from party posts.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Bandagi Kalra's Father Hospitalised After Her Excessive PDA with Puneesh Sharma Inside the House?
- Chef Kunal Kapur Explores India Through Thalis in Latest Food Show
- Designer Duo Gauri-Nainika's Debut Shoe Range Is The Ultimate Party Footwear You Were Looking For
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR
- Aaradhya Bachchan Turns 6; Amitabh Bachchan Gets Emotional