BSP leader murder: Police releases photos of spiritual guru
Purushottam Rana and Sunil Mann told police that the spiritual guru had given them the contract to kill Bhardwaj.
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday released photographs of a spiritual guru, who is suspected to have given money to shooters, to kill local BSP leader Deepak Bhardwaj. The photographs of Machendranath alias Pratibhanand were released late in the evening.
Police said he hails from Beed in Maharashtra and is 48 years old. Purushottam Rana and Sunil Mann, the alleged shooters, had told police that the spiritual guru had given them the contract to kill Bhardwaj. Bhardwaj was shot dead in his farmhouse in south Delhi's Rajokri on March 26, 2013 and four persons were arrested in the case.
Bharadwaj had contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections on a BSP ticket from West Delhi constituency but lost to Congress' Mahabal Mishra. He also ran a school in Dwarka - Shiksha Bharti Public School. Bharadwaj, was into education, hotel and real estate business and had declared assets worth around Rs 600 crore in 2009.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner