BSP to support Hamid Ansari for Vice President poll
BSP said that during his first stint as Vice President, Ansari maintained the dignity of the high office.
Lucknow: BSP on Saturday supported the candidature of UPA nominee Hamid Ansari for the post of Vice President in "national and people's interest". "As you know, the election to the post of Vice President is slated for August 7 and after giving the issue a deep thought, we decided to extend support to Hamid Ansari in national and people's interest," a BSP release said quoting party chief Mayawati.
The release said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi have both talked to Mayawati on the issue over phone and the BSP supremo has apprised both of her decision in this regard.
Praising Ansari's personality and working style, it said that during his first stint as Vice President, he maintained the dignity of the high office and discharged his duties with dedication.
Taking all these aspects into consideration, the BSP has decided to extend support to Ansari and hoped that he would win by a very good margin.
Recalling its support to UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President, finding him most capable, the party said it was confident that he too would win by a very good margin.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology