BSY's decision to quit BJP will erode his clout: Gowda
The ex-Karnataka CM said BS Yeddyurappa's 'frustration' of not remaining in power had forced him to quit BJP.
Mangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Saturday said BS Yeddyurappa's 'hasty decision' to quit BJP and launch his party would boomerang on him and erode his political clout in the state. "The hasty decision of Yeddyurappa to launch Karnataka Janata Party will boomerang on him and erode his political clout in Karnataka. Regional parties have little prospect in the state and KJP has no future," he said.
Gowda said Yeddyurappa's 'frustration' of not remaining in power had forced him to quit BJP. "Had Yeddyurappa remained in BJP, he could have fulfilled his wish of getting a respectable post, which he was aspiring for," he said. Gowda said the BJP had made herculean efforts to retain Yeddyurappa in BJP, but he insisted on quitting the party.
The party had insisted he come clean on the corruption charges levelled against him before giving him an important post, Gowda said. "Yeddyurappa's exit will be a setback to BJP, but only for a brief while," he said.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Shrama Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan