DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Buddhadeb trying to manipulate polls: Mamata
Mamata alleged that Buddhadeb had tried to manipulate polling in his Jadavpur assembly constituency.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday alleged that West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had tried to manipulate polling in his Jadavpur assembly constituency.
"It is a matter of shame and I am ashamed to say that state Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee has tried to manipulate polling in few of the areas of his constituency. He is using the state police in the area by using his powers. We will inform the Election Commission about it," Banerjee told a news channel.
Mamata also appealed to the masses to vote without fear. In some places, she complained, the ruling Marxists were deliberately slowing down the pace of the polls.
"At a few places, we have reports that polling agents close to CPM were deliberately slowing down the pace of polls. But this time it is of no use as people will give appositive vote to change this useless government. I would call upon the people to vote freely and fairly," said Mamata.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere