Union Cabinet fails to clear amendments to Marriage Act
At the Cabinet meet, there were sharp differences between the ministries over the question of inherited and acquired property.
New Delhi: More delay expected in the law to give women an equal share in property after divorce as Union Cabinet failed to clear amendments to the Marriage Act following differences between the Law Ministry and Ministry of Women and Child Development.
A Group of Ministers will take up the proposed amendments now. At the Cabinet meet on Wednesday, there were sharp differences between the ministries over the question of inherited and acquired property.
The proposal was that the wife would have an equal share in property regardless of whether it was acquired before or after marriage and regardless of whether it is only in the husband's name or held jointly.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology