DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cabinet amends Indecent Representation of Women Act
The Cabinet also approved the hike in urea prices by Rs 50 a tonne, in a small victory in the battle against fertiliser subsidies.
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved a slew of legislations and amendments to several existing Acts, which included the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act. The Act will now cover audio-vidual media and the Internet too.
Violators can now get up to three years imprisonment and will pay a maximum penalty of Rs five lakh. The Cabinet also approved the hike in urea prices by Rs 50 a tonne, in a small victory in the battle against fertiliser subsidies.
It has also cleared direct urea subsidy transfers. More details on the reports are awaited.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh