Cabinet amends Indecent Representation of Women Act
The Cabinet also approved the hike in urea prices by Rs 50 a tonne, in a small victory in the battle against fertiliser subsidies.
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved a slew of legislations and amendments to several existing Acts, which included the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act. The Act will now cover audio-vidual media and the Internet too.
Violators can now get up to three years imprisonment and will pay a maximum penalty of Rs five lakh. The Cabinet also approved the hike in urea prices by Rs 50 a tonne, in a small victory in the battle against fertiliser subsidies.
It has also cleared direct urea subsidy transfers. More details on the reports are awaited.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone