Cabinet reshuffle like kho-kho: Vilasrao
Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh said getting a Cabinet berth at the Centre itself is a promotion.
Thane: Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who was moved from Rural Development to Science and Technology, on Tuesday likened the Cabinet reshuffle to a game of kho-kho. "It's kho-kho," he quipped when asked whether Tuesday's reshuffle is like a cricket match, referring to the popular field game.
Asked by reporters whether he looked at the change in his portfolio as a demotion, Deshmukh said "getting a Cabinet berth at the Centre itself is a promotion. What is a demotion after that? It is getting the rank of a Minister of State.
Deshmukh is locked in a straight contest with former Test cricketer Dilip Vengsarkar for the post of the Mumbai Cricket Association and was in Thane in connection with the biennial election to the sports body.
Recommended For You
- Sheer Hardwork That Brought Dravid Close to Tendulkar, Says Laxman
- Coldplay and Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology