2G: 'CAG officer who prepared report was offered foreign posting'
The revelation was made by former CAG official RP Singh before the Joint Parliamentary Committee on Tuesday.
New Delhi: In what is likely to foment more trouble for the Congress-led UPA government, sources have said that former CAG official RP Singh has admitted before the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) that he recommended the name of one of the officers involved in preparing the 2G report for foreign posting.
The sources said that Singh told the panel that he made the recommendation at the behest of Deputy CAG Rekha Gupta. The sources added that the posting was offered while the report was still in progress.
Even though the field officer did not get the foreign posting ultimately, the revelations are damaging enough.
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof