2G: 'CAG officer who prepared report was offered foreign posting'
The revelation was made by former CAG official RP Singh before the Joint Parliamentary Committee on Tuesday.
New Delhi: In what is likely to foment more trouble for the Congress-led UPA government, sources have said that former CAG official RP Singh has admitted before the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) that he recommended the name of one of the officers involved in preparing the 2G report for foreign posting.
The sources said that Singh told the panel that he made the recommendation at the behest of Deputy CAG Rekha Gupta. The sources added that the posting was offered while the report was still in progress.
Even though the field officer did not get the foreign posting ultimately, the revelations are damaging enough.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1