DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Can we not respect the dead even' asks Hamid Ansari in Rajya Sabha
His observation came as he deplored members for disrupting a discussion on the death of the boy from Arunachal Pradesh in Delhi last week.
New Delhi: "Can we not respect even the dead", wondered an anguished Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari in the house on Thursday. His observation came as he deplored members for disrupting a discussion on the death of a student from Arunachal Pradesh in Delhi last week.
AIADMK and TDP members created noisy scenes on different issues even after Ansari agreed for a discussion on the death of Nido Taniam, a student from the Northeast, as sought by various political parties earlier.
AIADMK members rushed to the Well protesting the arrest of Tamil fishermen by Srilankan authority, while TDP members shouted slogans against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Ansari repeatedly requested them to resume their seats so that the discussion could be started, but the protesting members were not willing to relent. The Chairman even asked Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP) to speak on the issue.
As the din continued, Ansari said, "Can we not respect the dead even?". He then adjourned the House till noon.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket